Happy Friday friends! I can’t believe this is. my first blog post of 2021, which by the way, I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. How are we doing with our 2021 goals and resolutions so far? Fortunately, I’ve been able to stick to my self care and mental wellness goals pretty well so far thanks to Walmart. I’ve actually been able to stick to my self care and mental wellness goals fairly well thus far thanks to Walmart. Don’t get me wrong, my 9-month-old baby and full time job constantly keep me busy with little time to spare, but I’ve been making it a priority to take a little time out each day to care for myself. Because we can’t expect to fill our family’s cups if ours are empty. I’m sure many of you can relate to that.
Above is a snap from New Year’s Eve with my family! We wish you all a wonderful and happy new year!
Walmart wants to make it easier for you to stick to your wellness resolutions in the New Year with all the items you need at everyday low prices. Explore Walmart’s Wellness Hub for resolution inspiration for eating better, fueling your exercise, practicing self care, and boosting your mental wellness. Resolve to live well.
My Personal 2021 Self Care & Mental Wellness Goals:
All of the below goals are meant to help me be the best mom, wife, friend and content creator that I can be. So while they might all seem very self-focused, they’re really all working towards a grander plan.
- Be a kinder person by giving back more to my community and the world in any way that I can. Giving back is such a happy and rewarding feeling, which is key to your mental health.
- Take more “me time” even when it seems like there isn’t enough time in the day. Find a way to make the time because your mental health is just as important as your career and the well-being of your family. You can’t put your best-self into your work and family if you aren’t doing anything to maintain your physical and mental health. You “me time” doesn’t have to be anything extravagant. It can be as simple as reading a book, drinking your coffee outdoors or even just taking a relaxing bath.
- Make time for health and fitness. I like to hit the gym at least 2-3 times a week and then I like to take Beck for walks in his stroller almost everyday and I plan to keep this up in 2021. We even created a mini gym in our garage to help us maintain our fitness goals.
- Make more healthy dinners for my family. This might sound like a no brainer, but honestly with everything else going on right now, the last thing I want to do is go to the store so thank goodness that Walmart offers free delivery from your local store on orders $35+ (restrictions apply)! I recently signed up for Walmart+, which has truly helped with this and you can see more information on that here–> The Gift of Walmart+
| Shop My Self Care Essentials at Walmart |
1. Bathtub Caddy | 2. Rose Quartz Roller | 3. Face Peel Pads | 4. Dr Teal’s Pure Epsom Salt | 5. Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides | 6. Calm Anti-Stress Gummies | 7. NIVEA Essentially Enriched Body Lotion | 8. Dr Teal’s Relax & Relief Body Wash | 9. Dr Teal’s Pure Epsom Salt | 10. Hair, Skin & Nails Gummies | 11. Immune Support Zinc Gummies
All of the below products are available at Walmart online with pickup and delivery, free next-day and two-day shipping options, using their Walmart+ membership.
1. Bathtub Caddy | My “me time” usually always consists of a nice relaxing bath with bubbles or bath salts or and when time permits I also throw in a face mask or hair mask. Sometimes, if Beck is already asleep I’ll stay in there for nearly an hour. So I like to make sure I have all my essentials like my phone, beauty roller and water cup or wine and the Bathtub Caddy is the perfect accessory to hold all of those items especially if you have a free standing tub.
2. Rose Quartz Roller | This roller works to reduce appearance of puffiness, dark under eye circles and pores. It also helps to improve skin elasicity, blood flow and skin tone. I always like to use it while I’m sitting in the bath tub. I also highly recommend using it while pregnant.
3. Face Peel Pads | These are perfect to throw on while you’re sitting in the tub or even drinking your coffee in the morning.
4. Dr Teal’s Pure Epsom Salt | I started taking epsom salt baths when I was pregnant and I’ve been hooked ever since. I like how they help to relax you and soothe all of your aches and pains. I especially like the fragrance free salts because then I can add my own essential oils to them before tossing them in the tub.
5. Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides | I tried this product out after I started experiencing postpartum hair loss. I paused for a while since I’m still breastfeeding, but I plan to go straight back to it once I’m done. Be sure to consult your doctor first if you’re pregnant or BF. My doctor was actually fine with this product, but I decided to wait anyway.
6. Calm Anti-Stress Gummies | These gummies were a life saver post birth because let’s just say that going to the bathroom is not one of the most enjoyable things to do those first few weeks after having a baby. I started with Colace, but these gummies work even better than Colace and are a more natural supplement. Next pregnancy, I will make sure to have an abundant supply of these gummy vitamins for both during pregnancy and postpartum.
7. NIVEA Essentially Enriched Body Lotion | If you know me, you know I moisturize every night and every morning and I’ve been doing this since I was a kid. I can’t handle dry skin. I also always use Aquaphor daily and nightly especially for my lips.
10. Hair, Skin & Nails Gummies | I started taking these during postpartum.
11. Immune Support Zinc Gummies | I highly recommend incorporating these vitamins into your daily routine along with Vitamin C & Vitamin D to help boost your immune system especially during this time.
I highly recommend signing up for Walmart+ to get free shipping with no order minimum on items from Walmart.com (excludes oversized/freight & Marketplace items) with next-day and two-day shipping options.
This post is in partnership with Walmart, a brand I love. All opinions and selections here are my own. Thank you for supporting the businesses who make this blog possible.