Good morning friends, we’re just about two weeks away from the most anticipated sale of the year: the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2020! This sale is known for offering some of Nordstrom’s top pieces like the BlankNYC suede moto jacket, the Barefoot Dreams cardigan and the coziest blanket from last year! I love shopping the Anniversary Sale because Nordstrom isn’t just marking down items that didn’t sell over the summer, they’re selling brand new closet staples and on-trend items at unbeatable prices for only a limited amount of time before the prices go back up. It’s the ultimate time to go crazy on pre-fall denim, booties, jackets, Zella leggings, handbags, shoes, you name it! With that being said, I’ve taken my past seven years of N-sale experiences to put together my top 5 tips for shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2020 to help you fully maximize your shopping experience.
I’m bummed that this is my first year in a while that I won’t be heading to Nordstrom in Houston next week to cover the sale before it even begins. However, since I have ambassador status at Nordstrom, I gain access to the sale on Friday, August 7 so I will place a large order to try-on hauls for size, quality and fit reviews for you on my IG stories. Be sure to check your Nordy Club status to see if you can start shopping then too.
How to Shop The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2020:
1) KEY DATES TO KNOW:
2) GET AN EARLY START!
All the best items usually sell out within the first few days of “Early Access” so getting early access is obviously a must!! All you have to do to gain early access is sign up to be a Nordstrom Card Holder. I signed up with Nordstrom about seven years ago and it was the best decision I could have ever made for my shopping habit because you get rewards. Sign up for Nordstrom Card here and if you sign up by August 13th & make a purchase the day you’re approved, you’ll also receive a $60 Nordstrom Bonus Note, which is essentially a gift card to Nordstrom.
If you aren’t able to sign up until the day of the sale, not to worry because Nordstrom doesn’t require you to have you card in-hand to gain early access. Also, if you’re a Nordstrom Rewards member, you’ll get rewarded every time you shop!
3) DO YOUR RESEARCH & MAP OUT A PLAN!
When I say “do your research,” I mean checkout the 2019 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Preview available on their site right now and make a wishlist of everything you want for your future fall wardrobe. Then narrow the items down to your favorite pieces and create a budget according to that list. However, keep in mind that you can always return items, so don’t be afraid to go a little over your budget because once an item is gone, that’s usually it. It’s very rare that they restock the bestsellers. If it happens to you though, don’t lose hope because remember that other people return things too.
You can check out my top purchases from the Nordstrom Sale in 2019 here—> My Top Purchases from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019
4) SHOP ONLINE!
You don’t live near a Nordstrom or is Covid keeping you in? No problem! I don’t live near a Nordstrom either! Fortunately, the best way to shop Anniversary Sale is online because it allows you easily navigate all of the sale items and categories. Plus why would you get dressed and leave the house when you can everything in your pajamas on the couch! LOL
Additionally, their online shipping and return policy is amazing because they offer both free shipping and returns. So you’ve got nothing to lose! Plus I’m ordering everything ahead of time to do all of the leg work for you! Just be sure to follow me on IG @hauteofftherack to wash my try-on hauls on IG stories.
5) USE ME AS YOUR GUIDE!
As I mentioned earlier, this year I’m able to go the Houston Nordstrom to scope out the sale in person, but I will still be reporting to you live from my closet at home once my orders arrive! Just be sure to follow along with my Instagram stories (@hauteofftherack) as well as my blog post updates and I am happy to answer any of your questions about sizing, quality as well as my overall opinion.
5 Items I recommend investing in during the sale each year:
1) Cozy Cardigans — I love the Barefoot Dreams, Leith and BP cardigans each year during the sale
2) Designer Denim — This year I would keep your eyes out for Kut from Cloth, AG Jeans, Good American and Frame.
3) Boots & Ankle Booties — I always love the Marc Fisher, Steve Madden, Sam Edelman and Jeffrey Campbell booties
4) Activewear — Zella leggings are the best, but I also love All Yoga too.
5) Shoes, shoes and more shoes! I probably buy 10 pairs of fall shoes from the sale each year and I use them all season long! Last year, I scooped up some of my favorite shoes of all time that I still receive compliments on!
Click through the below items for the top brands to look for during the sale. These are the brands that sell out the fastest!
| Shop Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Shoes |
1) Croc Embossed Slip On Sandal | 2. Nelda Square Toe Slide Sandal | 3. Strappy Slide Sandal | 4. Evelan Chain Loafer Mule | 5. Unno Bootie | 6. Thea Low Top Sneaker | 7. Fedrilla Open Toe Bootie | 8. Derika Leather Boot | 9. Kiki Pointed Toe Bootie | 10. Brixen Pointed Toe Bootie
| Shop Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Activewear |
1. Live In Performance Jacket | 2. Cragmont Fleece Jacket | 3. Radalie Thermogreen-Insulated Jacket | 4. Body Fusion Sports Bra | 5. Summer’s Here Tank | 6. Studio Lite Longline Bra | 7. No-Show Socks | 8. Air Max 270 Premium Sneaker | 9. Airlift High Waist Leggings | 10. Restore Soft Pocket Leggings | 11. Live In Maternity Leggings | 12. Restore Soft Pocket Jogger Pants
| Shop Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Outerwear |
1. Packable Hooded Raincoat | 2. Leopard Print Raincoat | 3. Faux Fur Teddy Coat | 4. Leopard Bomber Sweater Jacket | 5. Faux Suede Moto Jacket | 6. Vital Signs Suede Moto Jacket | 7. Dalby Leather Biker Jacket | 8. Leather Moto Jacket | 9. Faux Leather Biker Jacket | 10. Balfern Leather Biker Jacket