Happy New Year everyone! This is my first blog post of 2022 and instead of sharing all of my goals and resolutions for the new year, I thought I would share a recap of my first trimester with baby #2. Plus I’m still undecided on my word of the year anyway.
After we announced that we were expecting, I asked you all to submit your first trimester questions and I will be answering all of them for you today. Also, I will be sharing a round up of bump friendly & maternity outfits for winter weather later this week so stay tuned.
| Shop Our Looks |
Jenn’s Outfit: Gina Tiered Cut Out Maxi Dress <–SALE Alert! wearing sz S | Suede Rancher Hat | “B” Necklace | Hudson Necklace | Windsor Demi Cuff | Cassis Demi Cuff
Blake’s Outfit: High-Neck Fleece Sweatshirt | Traveler Jeans |
Beck’s Outfit: Slim Jeans | Mockneck Cableknit Sweater | High Top Sneakers
Q1) How far along are you?
A1) Today I am 19 weeks and I am feeling much better these days. I’m sure some of you are wondering how many weeks I was when I announced and I was just shy of 12 weeks, but I felt comfortable announcing at the point being that this is my second pregnancy and I was honestly so tired of hiding it. Being sick all of the time made it super difficult for me to hide it so I just avoided IG stories all together, which can feel kind of isolating.
Q2) When did you tell your friends and family?
A2) We told everyone that we’re close with after we heard the heartbeat around 6 weeks. During my first pregnancy we waited until 9 weeks to tell all of our friends and family and it was so lonely so hard to hide it from the people we see all the time so this I decided not to do that to myself and it felt so freeing to tell everyone.
Q3) What prenatal vitamins are you taking?
A3) During my first trimester I was sick as I mentioned and I had terrible acid reflux and indigestion so I hated swallowing any kind of pills so I took these prenatal gummies that actually taste kind of yummy. LOL And then once I was able to take pills again I started taking my usual Ritual Prenatal Vitamins. You can take 10% OFF your first 3 months with code: HAUTE10
I took the Ritual multivitamins during my last pregnancy as well as their postnatal vitamins post pregnancy. They’re vegan friendly, Dairy-free & gluten free! Plus they smell so good!
Q4) What are your go-to pregnancy clothing staples?
A4) Of all the pregnancy pieces of clothing I own, my favorite thing to wear is a stretchy midi dress with a slit and a long duster cardigan. I also start wearing maternity leggings pretty early on in pregnancy because anything too tight around my waist triggers my sickness and makes me throw up. Additionally, I order all my favorite bras in the next size up for comfort because again anything too tight triggers my nausea. Check out the style board below.
| Shop Maternity Dresses |
1. Mocha Ribbed Mock Neck | 2. Black Ribbed Turtleneck | 3. Taupe Ribbed Snap Button | 4. Black Ribbed Ruched Side Tie | 5. Mocha Ribbed Square Neck | 6. Rust Knit Mock Neck | 7. Black Ribbed Mock Neck | 8. Brown Ribbed Turtleneck | 9. Taupe Ribbed Fitted Mock Neck
See how I paired the Mocha Ribbed Square Neck with my long duster cardigan in the photo below.
Q5) What do you to help with nausea and morning sickness?
A5) In order for me to function on a daily basis I have to take a medicine to help prevent the nausea. I still threw up everyday for about 6 weeks straight during the first trimester, but I feel it helps now and if I skip my medicine, I can definitely tell. As far as other things I tried, I sucked on Preggie Pop Drops and mints, which kinda sort of helped. I also diffused YL Peppermint oil and rubbed YL Tummygize oil on my stomach. I also tried these Mama Anti-Nausea Acupressure Wristband for Morning Sickness and I think they somewhat helped. When all else failed I carried around these vomit bags that feature a wide opening to prevent spills when in use. They also easily seal afterwards to avoid leaking during disposal. I kept them in my purse, my car and all travel bags.
If you’re having a constipation issued, I highly recommend the Calm gummies. They work wonders even better than Colace and they’re a natural supplement with magnesium, which is great to take during pregnancy anyway. Also, please keep in mind that I am not doctor and to always check with your OB before taking something while pregnant.
| Shop First Trimester Essentials |
1. Preggie Pop Drops | 2. Anti-Nausea Acupressure Wristband | 3. Disposable Vomit Bags | 4. Fuzzy Fur Flat Slippers | 5. Maternity Ankle Leggings | 6. Mama Mid-Thigh Shaping Sheers & Spanx maternity shapers | 7. Vitafusion PreNatal | 8. Honest Mama Body Oil | 9. CALM gummies
1. Preggie Pop Drops | Suck on these natural flavored candies when you’re feeling nauseas.
2. Anti-Nausea Acupressure Wristband | I think this could have all been a mental thing, but I swear that it gave me relief at times.
3. Disposable Vomit Bags | The bags feature a wide opening to prevent spills when in use. They also easily seal afterwards to avoid leaking during disposal. I kept them in my purse, my car and all travel bags. I actaully still keep them around just in case I get sick unexpectedly. They’re also great for toddlers too.
4. Fuzzy Fur Flat Slippers | These are hands down my favorite affordable slippers. They’re super comfy and I replace them every 6 months or so because unless you wash, they carry a lot of germs!
5. Maternity Ankle Leggings | I usually start wearing these pretty early on in pregnancy for the comfort becuase anything fitted around my waist triggers my nausea so even though I didn’t have a bump in those early weeks
6. Mama Mid-Thigh Shaping Sheers & Spanx maternity shapers |
7. Vitafusion PreNatal | I know I mentioned this earlier in the post, but during my first trimester I was sick as I mentioned and I had terrible acid reflux and indigestion so I hated swallowing any kind of pills so I took these prenatal gummies that actually taste kind of yummy.
8. Honest Mama Body Oil | Last pregnancy I used Bio-Oil, which I thought was great, but then I started using the Honest Mama Oil during the last trimester as well as postpartum and I liked how it was a little less sticky and slippery feeling especially if I was putting clothes on right after.
9. CALM gummies | These natural magnesium gummy supplements were my EVERYTHING during postpartum with Beck. They’re not like a laxative so they’re not going to trigger anything. They just work as softener. I struggled more with constipation following birth, but I know a lot of women experience constipation during pregnancy so I thought I would suggest this product to you all. I made sure to buy a bottle once I found out I was pregnant to keep on hand.
Q6) When did you find out you were pregnant & how are you feeling compared to your pregnancy with Beck?
A6) I found the weekend before I left for NYC in October. My period was off by a day or two and I didn’t want to have to worry about it while I was in NYC so I took a test just in case and sure enough it was positive. We weren’t trying, but we always knew we wanted more kids so we weren’t actively preventing either. Even though I was super sick this pregnancy like I was with with Beck, it still feels totally different, which is why I kind of thought it was a girl, but nope! LOL
Q7) Are you worried about having gestational diabetes again?
Yes, I actually just took my early 1-hour test at 18 weeks and failed and have the option to either take the 3-hour test or monitor my blood sugar levels using the finger pricker and reader for 2 weeks and then report them back to my doctor. I haven’t decided what I want to do yet because the 3-hour test is awful, but I kind of just want to get it over with.
Q8) Please help me with baby shower dresses!
A8) I love any of the below dresses from Pink Blush Maternity, but also depends on when your shower is?
| Shop Our Looks |
Jenn’s outfit: Velvet Gown (wearing sz S) | Clear Embellished Pumps (similar here & here) | Bennett 18K Gold Tennis Bracelet |
Beck’s outfit: Toddler Oxford Button-Down Shirt | Khakis | | High Top Sneakers
Q9) Were you trying to get pregnant?
A9) See answer 6
Q10) When did you first start showing?
A10) I showed really early last time and even earlier this time. I would say I had a full on bump by 13 weeks this time. There was no hiding it hence why I shared the new earlier.
Q11) What is the gender?
A11) We announced the gender on Christmas Eve. We’re having another boy. We gave my assistant the envelope and ordered boy presents and girl presents and had everything shipped to her house. Then she wrapped up the coordinated gifts for the sex of the baby and we opened it up under the Christmas tree with Beck. I loved finding out with just me, Beck and Blake.
Q12) What do you wear under all of your bump friendly and maternity dresses?
A12) I ordered up a size in all of my favorite bras and I love the Spanx maternity shapers. They help smooth everything out. See all of my top picks below.
| Shop Maternity Undergarments |
1. Classic Strapless Bra | 2. No-show Thong Panty | 3. Classic T-Shirt Bra | 4. Classic Uplift Plunge Bra | 5. Nude Bralette | 6. True Body V-Neck Bralette | 7. True Body Triangle Convertible Strap | 8. Ribbed Seamless Shortie Panty | 9. Mama Mid-Thigh Shaping Sheers & Spanx maternity shapers
Q13) What are you doing to prepare for Baby #2?
A13) So far all I’ve done is clear out the guest room for Beck to move into since the baby will take the nursery. I will probably start doing more to prepare towards the end of the second trimester. I feel like the first trimester is all about surviving and then second trimester is celebrating the fact that you survived. LOL Also, I feel like there isn’t too much to do since we already have everything with them being so close in age. I will keep you posted though on what I do to prepare in a few weeks.