Hi everyone, I’m so excited that we are less than a week away from Fat Tuesday (aka Mardi Gras Day)! With that being said, today I’ve partnered up with Barq’s Root Beer to share 6 things you need to throw the perfect Mardi Gras Party to help you host a great day for you and your friends. Also, you don’t have to live in Louisiana to join in on the fun! With these tips, you can celebrate by creating your own version of Mardi Gras no matter where you live! Just be sure to invite the bite to your Mardi Gras celebrations with Barq’s Root Beer for an authentic touch of Carnival season. After all, Barq’s has been bringing the bite to Mardi Gras for more than 100 years.
6 Things You Need to Throw the Perfect Mardi Gras Party:
- Bring on the booze! Show your guests how to party New Orleans style with champagne and mixers complete with a mimosa and Bloody Mary bar.
2. King Cake! I wouldn’t even consider the event a “Mardi Gras” party without King Cake! Some of my favorite local King Cake bakeries include: Haydel’s and Randazzo’s. If you don’t live around, not to worry because they also ship!
| Shop Our Looks |
Jenn’s Outfit: AG Ankle Legging Jeans (also available here) | Somers Sneakers c/o Sofft Shoes (also available here) | Similar Bomber Jacket | The Racer Cami & similar White Tank | Naomi Double Ring c/o Kendra Scott | Ray-Ban Round Sunglasses | B-low The Belt Frank Belt
3. Purple, Green & Gold Decor! These colors are essential to your Carnival Celebration! I also like to set out a bunch of fun masks and beads for my guests to wear.
4. Refreshing drinks for the whole family to enjoy! I know I said that booze is a key factor to the party, but you also have to offer something that can quench everyone’s thirst. I love giving my guests classic Barq’s Root Beer because of its bold flavor and unique connection to the Gulf Coast. Barq’s is an authentic part of Mardi Gras considering how long it has been around. Plus both celebrate the boldness of the region – Barq’s with its unique “flavor” and Mardi Gras with its vibrant festivities.
| Shop This Look |
Outfit: AG Ankle Legging Jeans (also available here) | Somers Sneakers c/o Sofft Shoes (also available here) | Similar Bomber Jacket | The Racer Cami & similar White Tank | Naomi Double Ring c/o Kendra Scott | Ray-Ban Round Sunglasses
5. A delicious spread of Louisiana style food & snacks! Let’s be real here, most people stop by Mardi Gras parties for the delicious food and drinks, which is why flavorful New Orleans food is key to a successful party. Some of these dishes include: jambalaya, fried chicken, gumbo, crawfish, shrimp and grits and red beans and rice. For snacks and finger foods, I suggest plenty of dips, chips, finger sandwiches and decorative cookies.
6. The great outdoors! Nothing beats having a nice outdoor entertaining area for your guests to enjoy the beautiful weather this time of year. If you only have a balcony, that’s even better since it goes with the New Orleans style vibe. Just make sure to add additional seating and tables for your guests. You can even decorate with cute tassels and banners from Fox Fete and Mardi Gras themed cups like these from White Elephant Designs.
Thank you to my friends Erica Madden & Casey Barnes for helping me bring my Mardi Gras party to life by participating in the photo shoot before the actual party! | Decorative Cookies by Shelby Townsend | Photos by Lainey Reed Photography
This post is in partnership with Coca-Cola, a brand I love. All opinions and selections here are my own. Thank you for supporting the affiliate posts who make this blog possible.